The original and still very popular ‘Cottage Range’ was primarily developed for the self-build market and exclusively features single storey homes to ensure minimum impact on the countryside.
The enduring design features of the ‘Cottage Range’ are:
- Single storey, to provide a safe and convenient living environment.
- Traditional proportions and detailing, to satisfy planning requirements.
- Quality uPVC windows, doors and roofline trims, for minimal maintenance.
- No load-bearing internal walls, to maximise flexibility of layout.
- Fitted wardrobes in most bedrooms, to maximise space.
- Generous roof storage with access hatch and telescopic ladder.
Throughout the ‘Cottage Range’ there are recurrent design features which allow us to take part of one cottage and combine it with part of another, so as to produce a totally different design.
Furthermore, all cottage designs can be extended in length to provide more space in any room, a utility or en-suite shower (where the design does not already offer such accommodation) or maybe additional storage space.
Features such as an open fire / chimney or stove / flue and an integral garage can be incorporated into any design. Also, all cottages can be flipped or mirrored to provide the correct orientation.
There are numerous Optional Design Features available to customise your Norscot Kit Home. These customisable options can really make an impact on the character and style of your home, items such as feature glazing, peaks, porches or vaulted ceilings really aid in personalising and giving character to your design.
Many hundreds of these homes have been built throughout the Highlands of Scotland, in other parts of the UK, France and Spain.
See also our Highland Range
If you can’t find the style you’re looking for in our Highland or Cottage ranges or just want some more inspiration, why not take a look at our ‘Classic Range’, where you will find over 50 of our archived timber frame designs.
Also see our additional Technical & Design Services