Why you should ensure to use an STA assured member
There are many important options to consider when thinking about Timber Frame for your self-build project. However we feel one of the most important, is ensuring you select an STA assured member, this guarantees confidence and security and in turn peace of mind during your self-build journey.
Who are STA and what are the benefits?
As the largest UK trade association within the structural timber sector, there are a host of reasons why construction professionals and self-builders should choose an STA assured member.
The STA’s mission is to enhance quality and drive product innovation through technical guidance and research, underpinned by a members’ quality standard assessment – the STA Assure Membership and Quality Standards Scheme.
- Complete a quality standard assessment – the STA Assure Membership and Quality Standards Scheme
- Operate to the Site Safe scheme – an initiative to ensure timber construction is both safe and sustainable
- Receive regular updates on the latest building regulations and legislation
- Have access to dedicated technical support services, advice notes, and technical documents. View our full range of documents in the Library
- Fully support sustainable construction and quality standards through adherence to our Code of Conduct
By providing transparency, credibility, and accountability, the STA safeguards the interests of self-builders, enabling them to partner with a reputable firm that will harness the multitude of inherent benefits that structural timber frame offers.
Build Cost Calculator
Get the approximate cost of building your home:
See what Job Opportunities are available with us.View Job Opportunities
If you require any assistance you can contact us directly by filling in a simple form:
- We’d like to introduce another new addition to ...
- There are many important options to consider wh...
- OSS recently combined the AGM and board meeting...
- Don’t forget! There are just under two weeks le...
- Over the next month we will be showcasing the N...